Saturday, June 25, 2011

Things that I love

I spend a great deal of time in bed, sitting up looking out my window.  So I have things that I love on the windowsill to please my eye (turns out this is "good" for my mental health).  My lovely aunt gave this beautiful bird to me - she gives the best presents.
My shell jars remind me of my mermaid soul.  This yellow necklace is my current favorite.




It is made from vintage (of course) glass beads that I bought from Wilma Mangum at Beader's Paradise in Blackfoot, Idaho.  She traveled the world with her husband buying up old beads.  I have been buying beads from her for many, many, years.  The last time that I was in her store, last summer, I was privileged to be in the room with Wilma, her daughter, her granddaughter, her great granddaughter and the newest addition to the lineage, her great great granddaughter.  How amazing is that?


One of the things that I love about Wilma's beads is that I don't see them anywhere else.  These beautiful yellow beads are a great example of that.  They are strange and lovely.  I think that they make a classically beautiful necklace that fits well with today's trend of bright, bold colors.  I've been wearing it often.  There is just this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment